Friday, March 9, 2007

Back Again...

Sat 03/10/07 NOTE: This post has been edited and photos added (Thanks, Norma!!) Cannot Believe that Google did it again...locked me out of this blog too. Well, it took awhile, but finally managed to get them to let me in again. Sat 03/10/07 1608 Now it seems it has been edited twice. Blogger will only show icons for pics in Flickr, whicha are only links. So have had to go back and upload the pictures to Blogger from my Apple. Haven't posted lately because caught some sort of weird bug...very high fever but none of the other usual symptoms so it wasn't flu, also had already taken the shot. Any way, not even crochet got done there for awhile. Did manage to post the pics of the Accidental Afghan It is 'Accidental' because it all started with wanting to felt something...had some Very Chunky wool yarn all 2 lbs of it from the internet (think it was on ebay) and my son's request for a blanket for their cat so he would leave their blankets alone. It was done without a pattern It got WAAY too big and too heavy and sort of 'morphed' into my first afghan ever. It was machine felted at a friend's house (Thanks Elaine!) because I have a fort loader. AFTER felting I thought it needed a border and although you cannot tell (dark couch & dark yarn) I used a lighter wt wool for the border (invented) and had to Needlefelt that because I had NO idea what would happen if I washed the afghan again...as in maybe a border too small or too loose for the afghan which was a good size. Sooo, not only do I have my first ever Afghan & my first felted object it is also my first Needle felting project too. Lets just say that is a Lot of 'needling' around that thing which has been shipped off to its new home with Evan and Cathy in LA. Then there is the KittyKomfort™ Blankie.. I seem to be full of 'accidental' projects. The KittyKomfort™ Blankie started out as a sweater that was accidentally Felted. Never got around to getting rid of it and when Evan asked for a blanket for Sri and After the afghan adventure I decided to use the lefover back of the sweater for on. It is more a brown and I started out with a doubled strand of Paton's Wool Olive with a blanket stitch and a row of single crochet. Then I switched to 1 strand Olive and one of Dark brown. You will need to forgive the colors in the photos am still learning to use the Digital SLR that son Mark gifted me with (Love & Thanks, Mark!) Didn't have a pattern for the border, but liked how it ended up...liked it enough so that I also Needled it to felt it since thought it would be nice if it had some stitch definition. It kept the definition on the side that was needled and the reverse side turned fuzzy without any definition at all all in all, an Interesting experiment. Just might do another. Off my hooks my very first cat toy. An ity bity mouse that is more the size for a kitten than a cat. Still want to add features and maybe needlefelt it which should be interesting since it has a jingle bell inside. Might be uninterest color to cats, but it's a mouse and it's Gray...Pictures later. Still have not had a chance to go thru the pictures of the tornado I was locked in WalMart for. Later, I guess. Happy Crochetin' All~

No comments: